Get Ready: Employment Law Changes and Updates for 2023
The past year has brought about several changes to Wisconsin and federal employment laws. To help area businesses adapt and ensure compliance, Johns, Flaherty & Collins' will share changes, updates and recommendations at this year's annual employment law seminar.
The seminar is designed for small business owners, managers, human resources professionals and any employees involved in hiring, firing or managing personnel issues. As in past years, the seminar is free to area employers. In addition to a question-and-answer session, employment law attorneys Brent Smith, Joe Veenstra and Justin Peterson will cover:
- Employee Handbooks
- Recommendations for 2023
- Remote work and COVID policies
- Data protection
- Wage and hour policies
- Workplace safety
- Dress codes
- Employment Law Updates
- Federal and state cases of note for employers
- Declaratory relief can reap rewards for employees under FMLA
- Is discouraging use of FMLA okay?
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act and Temporary Alternative Duty issues
- Use of criminal convictions information in hiring decisions
- Noncompete Agreements
- 2022 Wisconsin Court of Appeals decision
- New considerations regarding what can and cannot be included
- Confidentiality covenants
- Modification clauses
Advance registration is requested by November 11
To register, complete the form below or call Johns, Flaherty & Collins at 608-784-5678.